Re: Upgrade to 2.4.35 Causes Instability, Errors

> So you didn't answer anything about the old version of OpenLDAP versus the
> current one.  I would note that according to the db_stat output, you've
> experienced zero deadlocks.  That seems somewhat in conflict with your
> earlier report.  Did you run db_recover (resetting the stats)?

Sorry; I missed that one.

We were running 2.4.33 before the upgrade.

I have not run db_recover in between the original report and now.  It
is worth noting that the deadlock errors have ceased in the log file,
but I can't speak to whether or not we're more stable than we were
before; as I mentioned earlier, it seemed kinda random when it would
crash.

I was thinking that doing a slapcat and then cleaning out the database
files and then slapadd'ing everything back might be helpful.  Do you
agree?

--

Tim Gustafson
tjg@ucsc.edu