Re: Upgrade to 2.4.35 Causes Instability, Errors

--On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 3:28 PM -0700 Tim Gustafson <tjg@ucsc.edu> wrote:

When you say you upgraded, what all did you do?  Did you only upgrade the
openldap binaries?  From what openldap release to what release?  Did your
upgrade also change the version of BDB?  What version of BDB were you on?
What one are you on now?  What does your DB_CONFIG file look like?  What
does your db_stat -c usage show for locks/lockers/lock objects etc?

We're running FreeBSD.  I did a minor OS update from 8.2 to 8.4, and
then rebuilt all my ports using "portmaster".  We're using
db46-4.6.21.4 both before and after the upgrade.  DB_CONFIG is as
follows:

set_cachesize 0 67108864 1
set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE

The output of "db_stat-4.6 -c" is:
      Number of deadlocks 0

So you didn't answer anything about the old version of OpenLDAP versus the current one. I would note that according to the db_stat output, you've experienced zero deadlocks. That seems somewhat in conflict with your earlier report. Did you run db_recover (resetting the stats)?

Lead Engineer
Zimbra, Inc