Antw: Re: delete members in big groups with back_mdb

Hi!

It would be nice if there would exist a tool that reads (assuming those exist) slapd performance data and suggests modifications based on those. Of course that would requre timing statistics on specific attribute operations which do not exist ;-)

>>> Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> schrieb am 17.07.2013 um 01:08 in Nachricht
<51E5D258.7050805@symas.com>:
> Marco Schirrmeister wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a problem with mdb and modify operations on very large groups.
> Specifically deleting members from those groups.
>> Removing 10 members from a group with 25000 members takes 23 seconds. Which
> also means, all other clients that want to do something hang.
>> Deleting a user from multiple big groups takes minutes before it finishes.
>> Adding members to a large group is quick though.
>>
>> When this delete is running, the cpu goes also up to 100%.
>>
>> It looks like it has to do with the index that I have on uniqueMember.
>> If I remove the index on uniqueMember, the delete of members in big groups
> is fast.
>>
>> System details are
>> CentOS 6 64bit
>> OpenLDAP 2.4.35
>> slapd.conf below
>>
>> Is this something normal/exptected or is it maybe a bug?
>
> Read slapd.conf(5) manpage, sortvals keyword.

You are suggesting to add "sortvals member"?

Regards,
Ulrich