Re: "No such object" error with translucent overlay and base scope search

Steve Eckmann wrote:
We found that we get a "No such object" error from the translucent overlay
when we do a search like this:

  ldapsearch -x -H ldaps://localhost -LLL \

      -b "cn=John Doe,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com" -s base \

      -D "cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com" -w admin \

      '(&)'

if there is no entry for "cn=John Doe,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com" in the local
database, whether or not the remote entry exists. It seems like a mistake for
the translucent overlay to report an error if the remote entry exists, since
it only means that we haven’t added any local attributes yet. Is there a way
to suppress the error result when the proxied server returns an entry, so we
don’t have to hack around this weirdness in our client?

Re-read the slapo-translucent manpage, check your local/remote configuration. The overlay won't query the remote server if you've only specified translucent_local attributes.

--
  -- Howard Chu