RE: openldap and MozNSS

--On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:01 PM -0400 Rodney Simioni <rodney.simioni@verio.net> wrote:

Comment below.
-----Original Message-----
From: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:quanah@zimbra.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 12:27 PM
To: Rodney Simioni; openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: RE: openldap and MozNSS

--On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 11:40 AM -0400 Rodney Simioni
<rodney.simioni@verio.net> wrote:

I'm getting further, I went to http://ltb-project.org and downloaded a
newer version of openldap. BTW, thank you, it's a nice site.

But when I do a 'ldapsearch -d -1 -x -LLL -ZZ', I'm getting "
unsupported extended operation"

Does anybody have a clue?

I would advise you to specifically use -H <URI> so it is clear what you
are connecting to and how.  For example, -ZZ requests startTLS, but if
you are using an ldaps:// URI, that makes no sense, because they are
mutually exclusive. [[Rod's comment]] I'm using '-H', I'm still getting
'unsupported extended operation', but thanks.

My point was, show an EXACT ldapsearch command where it is not pulling in crap from a local or system ".ldaprc" or "ldap.conf" file. Until you do that, god knows what those files are setting.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.