RE: openldap and MozNSS

Comment below.
-----Original Message-----
From: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:quanah@zimbra.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 12:27 PM
To: Rodney Simioni; openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: RE: openldap and MozNSS

--On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 11:40 AM -0400 Rodney Simioni <rodney.simioni@verio.net> wrote:

> I'm getting further, I went to http://ltb-project.org and downloaded a
> newer version of openldap. BTW, thank you, it's a nice site.
>
> But when I do a 'ldapsearch -d -1 -x -LLL -ZZ', I'm getting "
> unsupported extended operation"
>
> Does anybody have a clue?

I would advise you to specifically use -H <URI> so it is clear what you are connecting to and how.  For example, -ZZ requests startTLS, but if you are using an ldaps:// URI, that makes no sense, because they are mutually exclusive.
[[Rod's comment]] I'm using '-H', I'm still getting 'unsupported extended operation', but thanks.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.

This email message is intended for the use of the person to whom it has been sent, and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, you are not authorized to copy, distribute, or otherwise use this message or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Verio Inc. makes no warranty that this email is error or virus free.  Thank you.