Re: slapd+syncrepl+mirrormode_connection_hang

--On June 17, 2013 6:23:10 PM +0200 michal <michal.kepkowski@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
I have two ldap servers on two different machines (one is working under
debian another is a qnap). I would like to create a mirrormode servers.
So I configure slapd.conf like it is described here
(http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html) I've changed my
personal data.

First server:
serverID    001
syncrepl        rid=001
                      provider=ldap://another-server
                      bindmethod=simple
                      binddn="cn=root,o=zpcir"
                      credentials="pass"
                      searchbase="database-path"
                      schemachecking=on
                      type=refreshAndPersist
                      retry="60 +"

mirrormode on

overlay syncprov
syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
syncprov-sessionlog 100

Second server has changes only in serverID = 002,
provider=ldap://another-server2, rid=002

I run slapd daemon in debug "slapd -d256 -u root -h "ldap:///"; -f
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf"
  And my syncrepl is working because on the other server (where I run
slapd in the same mode) I have response:

conn=1000 fd=11 ACCEPT from IP=First-serwer:34579 (IP=0.0.0.0:389)
conn=1000 op=0 BIND dn="bind-info" method=128
conn=1000 op=0 BIND dn="bind-info" mech=SIMPLE ssf=0
conn=1000 op=0 RESULT tag=97 err=0 text=
conn=1000 op=1 SRCH base="cn=database-path" scope=2 deref=0
filter="(objectClass=*)"
conn=1000 op=1 SRCH attr=* +

And slapd is in this state for a long time and nothing is happening. It
is answering for another calls, however conn=1000 is still running (I
suppose). There is no result databases aren't updated.

Do you have any ideas what is wrong with my replication?

Why do you assume something is wrong? You set it up to use a persistent connection, that is apparently what it is doing.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc