password policy error: Password policy only allows one password value

Hi,

I activated the password policy overlay but every time I try to update the
password using ldappassw I get this error message:

  SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
  SASL username: gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth
  SASL SSF: 0
  Result: Constraint violation (19)
  Additional info: Password policy only allows one password value

The user account has it attribute pwdPolicySubentry set to the policy listed
below. The original account had multiple userPassword values with different
hashes but I deleting every attribute userPassword but the last one didn't
help. Deleting all userPassword attributes didn't work either. ldappasswd
always returns the error.

Any idea what causes the problem or what setting to check?

Regards
Joke

dn: cn=person,ou=policies,dc=seiken,dc=de
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: pwdPolicy
cn: person