[Date Prev][Date Next]
Samba + LDAP: Issue adding machine to domain.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Samba + LDAP: Issue adding machine to domain.
- From: "Luis H. Forchesatto" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 09:46:18 -0300
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=ec6P+TQ0JPeWUI1WHFoZ3X7ChGzCFv+Dw6+ik5iZv9M=; b=fUHeCmk7lo7yCERGbGOLBUmO/QvAkgEweOBhPBsEQi9ILbLMCq1j+qFqjHLFHpf3Q7 ofwwgvFjiD6klmtji2mdyNDPGKtVYwRkMjG0zvUuxCYZffTth3J4G9EYrX6NDKjFpoVT 6DtL0nAIHc29gS8Tb9BaHNQ/26uqUTSB65fxQhkPTNeI9zZrZqy4MvtqvFQEUwQhKnIr Jh5GN3nykxDCluUROlLUKeR5+W5w4AbcGc3FsCwKCV5YnQxbK2mfdByO8mzVMvFy4vR1 sklbVYOUHo5ol99+rKfmFTSiR8Y0a4/QndTFkn3W0vBsb5pxzWdDQLFWs+21a7c+Vd/S TeTg==
I've run into a trouble when trying to add a new Win7 machine on a domain. The domain is controlled by a server running Samba + LDAP (samba compiled with ldap support), on a Debian 5 OS at the local network.
I've added the machine name to the LDAP three through phpldapadmin using the option "Samba3 Machine" on the related submenu and via terminal on samba. Then I renamed the new machine to match the computer name and tried to add it to the domain. When prompted for credentials to add the new machine I've informed the admin login and password and hit <enter>.
The windows then returned the following error (something like): "The junction operation was not well succeded. Maybe another existent machine account <machine_account_name> was created previously using anothet set of credentials. User another computer name or contact the admin to remove any obsolete conflicting account. Error: Access denied."
Any ideas for the troubleshoot will be welcome.
Luis H. Forchesatto