Re: Substring Indexes on userPassword Attribute

On 06/03/13 10:49 -0700, Tim Gustafson wrote:
This actually goes right back to X.500(1988). The schema says that
you can do exact matches but no other sort.

Again, I'm fine with strict interpretations of the RFCs being applied
*by default* but there should be some way for me to override those
interpretations.

Why are these parts of the LDAP schema hard-coded?  Is there no way to
specify the entire schema in a configurable format so that I could
change this behavior for just my installation if I deem it
appropriate?

You could replace the objectclasses containing userPassword, homeDirectory,
etc, with your own custom defined schema, along with your own userPassword
definitions.

That would likely require a slapcat, edit, and slapadd of your database,
but ultimately gives you more control of your data, and leaves you with
portable data.

--
Dan White