Re: SSHA as default password-hash in next password change

cbulist@gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks for your prompt reply.
> We are not using any client..

If you change passwords via LDAP there *is* a LDAP client.

> we are just changing the user password from
> ssh console.

So the client is whatever your PAM configuration has for passwd,e.g. pam_ldap,
sssd etc.

> We imported our /etc/passwd to openldap and our idea is when the user
> gets the next expiration time the new password be in SSHA.
> Is it possible?....

You have to configure your client to use LDAP Modify Ext. Op. - whichever your
LDAP client is.

Ciao, Michael.