Re: Can I distribute salted-hashed passwords on different machines?

--On Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:23 AM +0200 Marco Pizzoli <marco.pizzoli@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,
I think I already know the answer, but I would like to be absolutely sure
about it.
Could I generate a {SSHA1} hash of a password (to be used for the rootdn
account) with the help of slappasswd utility on a system and reuse that
salted hash for the very same purpose but on a different operating system?

If it is stored in LDAP, yes. It is not OS dependant, unlike the crypt scheme.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.