Re: Problems with SSH to Openldap server

On 05/14/13 11:19 +0100, Stuart Watson wrote:
Hi

I have created an ec2 instance and have installed openldap and setup
openldap to use OpenSSH.  However I cannot ssh from a remote pc, to the
openldap server, I just get invalid user, although the username is the same
that I have specified in openldap.

Assuming this is a Linux system, use the following to trouble shoot:

getent passwd <user> (verifies your nss ldap plugin)
pamtester (verifies your pam module)
ldapsearch (basic data verification)

See Chapter 21.3 of the OpenLDAP Admin Guide for documentation on how to
capture logging information on the server.

Find documentation and a mailing list for the nss and pam modules you are
using, as that is the most common misconfiguration in my experience.

--
Dan White