Re: cleaning HDB after an unclean shutdown

Benin Technologies wrote:
nope, Debian 6.0.4

The only reason for slapd to say the database is already in use is because a file lock still exists. In this case it implies that the original slapd process is still there. You said you already killed it but it sounds like the process hasn't gone away.