Re: Debian Squeeze: Slapd subtree disappears, but ldapsearch finds it | unable to allocate memory for mutex; resize mutex region

hi,

Am 01.05.2013 um 23:08 schrieb Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com>:

> --On Wednesday, May 01, 2013 3:59 PM -0400 Christopher Wood <christopher_wood@pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> How do people with generic sysadmin skills figure out which packaged
>> components are safe to use with a non-distribution-packaged OpenLDAP?
>> Having built a production slapd on Debian all I have is "well, worked and
>> didn't crash for me".
>
> I never use distribution software for OpenLDAP except gcc.  I.e., I build openssl, heimdal, cyrus-sasl, etc, all myself.  And now with MDB, I no longer have to build BDB. ;)

but than you have to download, patch and update security fixes by your self.

I have now build Openldap 2.4.35 with the system libs. In a few weeks Wheezy is out and I hope, that the BDB files are not "broken" as you said.

cu denny