Debian Squeeze: Slapd subtree disappears, but ldapsearch finds it | unable to allocate memory for mutex; resize mutex region

hi,

on the last hour I had a very strange problem:

I have a Debian Squeeze with Slapd installed and it was working a long time, but today one subtree disappears completely from the ldap browser (Apache Directory Studio). I wasn't accessible anymore, but with ldapsearch I was able to see the tree. Also I tried to add the LDIF again to the LDAP, but slapd says: "... exists ...."

The only way to get it back working again, was to restore the plain BDB files from the backupjob yesterday.

I absolutely don't know, what happens. The only thing I changed, I reinstalled the second LDAP (n-way master) on a new host, with a config only and let the second ldap synchronize with the main LDAP. After ~20-40 minutes the job was done and the second was up to date. That was yesterday.

-

The subtree was also missing on the second LDAP ... so, the synchronizing did the same ...

So, I deleted all *dbd* *log* on ldap2  (after the restore from the main LDAP) and wanted to synchronizing again the full tree ... but I get many warnings:

dc=...... unable to allocate memory for mutex; resize mutex region

any suggestions?

cu denny