slow replication

Hello,

I've a problem with the speed of replication.

I've set up openldap 2.4.33 with a Master and one consumer. At the
moment the full replaction takes abaout 32hours.
No LDAP operations are made on master or consumer during this time.
(I know, i depends on Hardware too, but the two servers are fast )

How long should it need, to replicate a DB from about 6GByte
(id2entry.bdb + dn2id.bdb) with 1.6M DN's and about 66M Attributes.
Replication is configured with RefreshAndPersist, no DeltaSync. Both
servers are on the same IP segment, connected via gigabit ethernet
switch.

I played in test environment with different parameters:
- shm_key
- dbnosync
- switched off all indexes on consumer except entryUUID and entryCSN
- different bdb cachesize
- noatime, relatime
- ext3/xfs

I locked on disk via iostat (nothing seen), no io waits with top,
looked on network, but max 5Mbit/s is used,
I listen with strace on slapd and I see, that slapd is reading from
Network and wrinting it to id2entiry.bdb.

Before each Test, I deleted complete ldap db (except DB_CONFIG) and
shared memory ipcrm -m

Are there similar limitations, that will trigger slow replication like
BDB_IDL_LOGN?
How can I accelerate this Replication.
I'm of the opinion that it was significantly faster with a smaller database.

Thanks and kindly regards Meike

Configuration:
--------------------

Configuration is only a test configuration, some values differs,
some are commented out because of playing with them.

# Master (Provider)
include                 /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include                 /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include                 /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include                 /etc/openldap/schema/yast.schema
include                 /etc/openldap/schema/rfc2307bis.schema

pidfile                 /var/run/slapd/slapd.pid
argsfile                /var/run/slapd/slapd.args

modulepath              /usr/lib/ldap
moduleload              back_bdb
moduleload              syncprov

sizelimit               -1
timelimit               300

tool-threads            8
threads                 8

serverID                001

database                bdb
suffix                  "ou=root"
rootdn                  "cn=admin,ou=root"

#loglevel               stats sync
loglevel                0
rootpw                  <password>
directory               /DATA/ldap

#cachesize              500000
#dncachesize            500000
#idlcachesize           150000
cachefree               500

dirtyread
dbnosync
shm_key                 7

checkpoint              4096 15

index   objectClass,entryUUID,entryCSN          eq
index   cn                                      eq,sub
index   ownattributes ....

overlay                 syncprov
syncprov-checkpoint     100 5

# Consumer
include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/yast.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/rfc2307bis.schema

pidfile         /var/run/slapd/slapd.pid
argsfile        /var/run/slapd/slapd.args

modulepath      /usr/lib/ldap
moduleload      back_bdb
moduleload      syncprov

sizelimit       -1