RE: How to improve performance with MDB backend?

> Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 10:41:40 -0700
> From: quanah@zimbra.com
> To: ctcard@hotmail.com; openldap-technical@openldap.org
> Subject: RE: How to improve performance with MDB backend?
>
> --On Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:21 PM +0000 Chris Card <ctcard@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >> I routinely test with DBs in the range of 3 million to 6 million entries,
> >> and it is always substantially faster than bdb/hdb.
> >>
> > du -c -h data.mdb returns 16G
>
> So drop your maxsize to 32GB from 400GB. Clearly you have no need to
> exceed your total RAM.

I'll give that a try. I had perhaps been taking the advice given in the slapd-mdb man page too seriously:
"Note: It is important to set this to as large a value as possible, (relative to anticipated growth of the actual
              data over time) since growing the size later may not be practical when the system is under heavy load."

Chris