Re: Remote access to the directory schema

--On Monday, April 08, 2013 2:23 PM +0200 "Rick van Rein (OpenFortress)" <rick@openfortress.nl> wrote:

Howard,

| ldapsearch -x -h ldap.example.com -b dc=example,dc=com -E
| subentries=true cn=Subschema

I get no results. How should this work?

Read the ldapsearch(1) manpage and fix your search request.

I read it again, and found no clues that could help.  What is so obvious
that am I missing it?

Note that I tried alternate forms that might work -- like
cn=Subschema,dc=example,dc=com -- remotely as well as locally through
ldapi / external. Nothing brings out the schema.

+ vs *

ldapsearch -x -H ldapi:/// -D cn=config -w zimbra -s base -b cn=subschema +

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.