Re: N-Way Multimaster with syncrepl and delta-repl -- slapd stops responding

Thanks, Quanah,

I'm in the process of building against the latest git pull I did today. I'll take your notes into account. I also found some references regarding epoll() versus select() (ref http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/201212/msg00014.html  ) and trying to figure if this is an avenue to pursue in a test build.

Bob
--bs

On Thu, 2013-02-21 at 13:19 -0500, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:27 AM -0800 Quanah Gibson-Mount
<quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:

> --On Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:35 AM -0500 "Robert W. Smith"
> <bob.smith@o3bnetworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am running a 4-way multi-master configuration with a number of slaves
>> in remote locations. I am currently running openldap 2.4.33 on top of
>> CentOS 6.3 (I built 2.4.33 from a modified base centos 6 spec file). I
>> was originally running the centos base openldap 2.4.23 using N-way
>> multimaster using the syncrepl configuration but I was having problems
>> with the masters and slaves staying in perfect sync--other than this
>> 2.4.23 was running stably since last spring. I'll try to be brief in what
>> has happened since Feb 1.
>
> Did you build openldap with debugging symbols? (-g)
> Did you disable optimization? (-O0)
>
> If so, I would advise submitting an ITS, with a full backtrace from gdb:
>
> <http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/59.html>

Oh, also make sure when make install is run, you don't strip the binaries
of the debug symbols (make install STRIP="")

I would also warn against using the centos spec file, as it links to NSS
instead of OpenSSL.  You probably want to look at
<http://ltb-project.org/wiki/download#openldap>

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.