User Private Groups

Hello,

Does openLDAP support User Private Groups by having memberOf return a fake self-group through some rewriting rule?

Our campus has a SUN LDAP for user data that is not under our control. Our Mac and Linux clients use it for authentication. This server does not provide group management as a service. Because of this, we set up a separate openLDAP server to create/store groups. With clients bound to both servers, this works seamlessly.

Because of this, we want our server to respond to memberOf queries with a fake private self-group in addition to legitimate groups the user is in, this without creating and storing private groups on our server.

Is this do-able?

Omar

Omar Hijab
Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Operations
College of Science and Technology
Temple University

Email: Âhijab@temple.edu
Web: Â Âhttp://www.cst.temple.edu/~hijab/