Re: Mirror mode difference from N-Way Multi-Master

Ð ÐÑÐ, 08/02/2013 Ð 09:47 -0500, John Madden ÐÐÑÐÑ:
> > As far as I can see there is no difference in configuration. The only
> > distinction I can see is the "use case", as N-Way supposed to accept
> > writes on all Masters, but Mirror only on one at a time.
>
> There are configuration differences (see the Admin Guide for the needed
> snippets; N-Way requires MirrorMode and then some) but yes, MirrorMode
> requires writes to go to only one node at a time.

I've re-red those sections of docs two more times, still don't see the
difference

> > This is not clearly stated anywhere, so do they really differ only in
> > proxy/balancer in front of Mirrors?
>
> Well I'd say that's a pretty big difference, wouldn't you? :)

Sure, this is a big difference if you look at it as on Deployment/Usage
case scenarios.

And, as the proxy/balancer for Mirror mode could be setup separately, I
would think of Mirror mode as of identical configuration to N-Way
Multi-Master, plus a separate/combined proxy/balancer.

It would be very helpful if somebody can confirm that Mirror mode and
N-Way Multi-Master setups are identical in *configuration* not counting
proxy/ballancer. I would be thankful for pointers on the difference in
setups if that if not true.

> > If so, why can't I do 3 Mirrors with proxy/balancer in front?
>
> You can have multiple replicas, you just have to ensure writes only go
> to the current master.

So, Mirror mode can be setup across more than 2 Servers?