Re: slapd crashes with ch_realloc of X bytes failed

--On Saturday, January 12, 2013 4:49 PM +0100 Meike Stone <meike.stone@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hello,

 I could update both systems during my vacation to 2.4.33.
Both servers had 16GByte RAM.
The system crashed  again randomly (as expected).
So we increased the memory on one server to 24 GByte RAM. No effect,
this server crashes too, sometime till 5 times a day.

So in spite of increase the memory from 16GByte to 24 GByte (one of
the production server - configuration described in the first mail)
same results.

Sorry, I don't have your configuration memorized. Generally, you should list:

memory allocator (should be tcmalloc, if you've set that up correctly)

DB Information:
a) Total number of DNs in your database
b) DB_CONFIG settings
c) Size of database on disk: du -c -h *.bdb

From slapd.conf/cn=config:
a) cachesize setting
b) idlcachesize setting
c) dncachesize setting