Re: setting rootpw for cn=monitor

--On Tuesday, January 08, 2013 4:34 PM +0000 Chris Card <ctcard@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm seeing an issue with setting the rootpw for the cn=monitor database
and syncrepl replication (multi-master syncrepl).

I am seeing this problem with openldap 2.4.31 at the moment, but I intend
to upgrade to 2.4.34 when that becomes available.

When I just have one LDAP server (ldap1 say), I can set the olcrootdn to
cn=monitor and set the olcrootpw without any error, so I have something
like:

 Âdn: olcDatabase={2}monitor,cn=config
 ÂobjectClass: olcDatabaseConfig
 ÂolcDatabase: {2}monitor
 ÂolcAddContentAcl: FALSE
 ÂolcLastMod: TRUE
 ÂolcMaxDerefDepth: 15
 ÂolcReadOnly: FALSE
 ÂolcSyncUseSubentry: FALSE
 ÂolcMonitoring: FALSE
 ÂolcRootPW: {SSHA}**************
 ÂolcRootDN: cn=monitor

When I create another LDAP server (ldap2 say) and set up multi-master
syncrepl replication for cn=config between ldap1 and ldap2 I see an error
in the slapd log on ldap2 like:Â

 ÂÂolcRootPW: value #0: <olcRootPW> can only be set when rootdn is
under suffix

No olcSuffix is set for the cn=monitor database in the cn=config, but all
the cn=monitor DNs are of the form cn=X,cn=Y,...,cn=monitor, so it seems
that the suffix of the cn=monitor database is effectively cn=monitor.

Any ideas?

I suggest you file an ITS if you can reproduce this with current RE24.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.