Re: How to create a directory admin group

On 01/05/13 12:27 +0100, Onno van der Straaten wrote:
How can I define a admin group for my directory? Currently I have one admin
account, the one that was created during installation, cn=Manager,
dc=my-domain, dc=com. I would like to create a group for example
cn=ldap-admins,dc=my-domain,dc=com and then make users member of this group
to grant them privilege to do admin work on the directory similar to
cn=Manager.

The admin account you reference is the rootdn, which has no ACL
restrictions.

I suppose I have to add access rules. But where and how I don't know.

Right. You'd create a group, and then configure your ACLs appropriately.
See section 8.4.4 of the OpenLDAP Administrator's Guide for an example, and
the slapd.access and slapacl manpages.

--
Dan White