RE: sasl Kerberos authentication with subordinate

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan White [mailto:dwhite@olp.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 7:18 PM
To: Wu, James C.
Cc: openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: Re: sasl Kerberos authentication with subordinate

On 12/31/12 11:19 -0800, Wu, James C. wrote:
>I have tested that the LDAP authentication through saslauthd using
>Kerberos works well on both the internal ldap and Kerberos pair and the
>external ldap Kerberos pair.

How did you verify authentication was working with your internal server?

I verified the authentication by pointing the ldap server that the client uses to the internal ldap server and check the logs messages of slapd and saslauthd and the result of 'su - user'

On 01/02/13 14:52 -0800, Wu, James C. wrote:
>When I add uid to the -D flag in the ldapwhoami, then it failed on both
>the external and internal ldap servers.
>
>ldapwhoami -x -H ldap://internalldap -D
>"uid=peter,ou=People,ou=sub,dc=example,dc=com" -w password ldapwhoami
>-x -H ldap://externalldap -D
>"uid=peter,ou=People,ou=sub,dc=example,dc=com" -w password

How does this second command (against your internal server) differ from the above verification?

--
Dan White