Re: Multi-Master OpenLDAP Replication for 3 nodes -- slapadd command failing

Hey Dieter,

Thank you very much for your email.

It turns out that in RedHat the overlays are automatically installed, and so should not be loaded again with olcModuleLoad.

Thanks very much for your advice!  On to the next problem:
I can't understand what in the world could be causing the following error:
>>> dnPrettyNormal: <cn=config>
<<< dnPrettyNormal: <cn=config>, <cn=config>
<= str2entry: str2ad(changetype): attribute type undefined
slapadd: could not parse entry (line=48)

Thanks again, and best regards

Fal

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 2:23 AM, Dieter Klünter <dieter@dkluenter.de> wrote:
Am Tue, 1 Jan 2013 23:50:20 -0800
schrieb fal patel <fal0patel@gmail.com>:

> Hey Quanah,
>
> Oh no, my question was whether an arbitrary external variable (eg.
> URI1) could be set (eg. to ldap://host1.hq.mycompany.com:389/) inside
> an LDIF file and used in subsequent places in the file.
> (to avoid having to type in the value in multiple places).
> I suppose not?
>
> Assuming not, I typed in each value into all its relevant places in
> my LDIF file and re-ran slapadd.
> Now it gives me the following error (on latest redhat 64bit):
> loaded module syncprov.la
> *module syncprov.la: null module registered*
>
> Surely the above message signifies an error?
[...]

Check wether the modul has been built and is in the defined directory,
if not, check wether syncprov has been built in slapd. slapd -VVV will
show you all builtin modules.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung