[Date Prev][Date Next]
olcToolthreads and slapadd -n0
- To: openldap-technical <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: olcToolthreads and slapadd -n0
- From: Василий Молостов <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 05:07:28 +0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=PbSTopaLf6zF+JyXQFhPljOLuIPXoH1j2G8Ph2kDp6E=; b=pGpC+mWdBvCtdkP6J16nWe46DEzL8zpaukGUbmi7CYAEzxcDoo78Bmq3Kt0tOo0Ck+ A1ZQO9DS/RzzGpPhIc7HVW5M2a5BrpNKxL1Havf0GhZaIXYEh74tHOaPIP7M0zRZCwx2 2QIDtzfaf04+6GRSVaNxrVRYWGNOGp9eQEKrVNneUpb5H5dak9E3n43VZkbo8YdLlTDG jUeH3TD8IKroWf0w7CtNkCCmCQGAW1SYP+pOQSWP3dRpZAozIqe08V8IzmbBrkR+2zAU IBKlG0PNfx9ioQBd01Ri12VyZAttrwc9q8qQ7XYGtwEQj+qvjlOEpNN3JtgWy86kDO6g UvZg==
i have migrated server side config for my db and I have found some
strange behavior of slapadd:
I've got started migration from converting slapd.conf containing my db
config and a 'tool-threads' parameter (with value above 1) into common
ldif file, in which an 'olcToolThreads' was defined appropriately (i.e
above 1). It was the simplest and clear step.
The next step was to 'slapadd -n 0' this ldif file into an empty
server config (having slapd stopped), but just at adding 'cn=config'
object (which contains olcToolThreads with value > 1) 'slapadd' stuck
indefinitely at shed_yelds() call (I have observed this via strace
tool from ubuntu).
So as a result slapadd had been in processing its operation
indefinitely without any output but was capable to stop working by
Setting olcToolThreads to 0 or 1 has solved this problem.
I dont know is this a bug or my misconfiguration?