Re: Bulk update

--On Monday, December 17, 2012 10:59 AM +0530 anil beniwal <beni.anil@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

We want to update bulk records ( 3 million ) insert in my openldap
42.4.20 on rhel 6.3 . Three servers in replication.
Each record is almost 6 KB.

My concern, is there any tool or trick to speed this up. As of now for
some 9 K records its taking around 3 hours.

What should be my DB_CONFIG file .

Please let me know what else should be taken care off.

a) Upgrade to a sane, stable version of OpenLDAP <http://ltb-project.org/wiki/download#openldap>
b) Use -q with slapadd
c) Ensure your tool threads setting is appropriate for the number of cpu/cores on your server d) Read over <https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/OpenLDAP_Performance_Tuning#Configuring_the_Berkeley_DB_subsystem_to_increase_LDAP_server_performance> and apply it to your setup. In particular, if you have plenty of RAM, use a shared memory key, and set the DB_CONFIG cachesize to a large value.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.