Re: best practices for backing up ldap configuration

On December 14, 2012 10:47:29 PM Howard Chu wrote:
> Khosrow Ebrahimpour wrote:
> > But managing back-config using any config management tool remains an
> > issue. I don't think I can just push the entire slapd.d directory using
> > chef or puppet.
> Of course not. slapd.d is a slapd-internal private database. if you're
> doing  any manipulation of its contents "You're Doing It Wrong."
>
> Use slapcat -n0 / slapadd -n0. As Documented.

I think the thread got derailed a bit. I don't care about the static
slapd.conf vs slapd.d debate. We're using back-config the "proper" way as far
as I can tell.

My original question was to find out if anyone was managing their openldap
configuration. We have a crude way using a VCS, but was wondering if others had
a better way.

Having said that, I appreciate all the input so far.

--
Khosrow