Re: slawpo-rwm attributes concatenation

Benin Technologies wrote:
> What would be the best way to concatenate several attributes into one (maybe
> with slapo-rwm and back-relay ?).

Likely this can only be achieved by writing a custom handler for slapo-sock.

 I know LDAP is a data container, and not a
> fancy string generator, but I see no other way around this.
>
> An example : my directory contain an inetOrgPerson (say John Doe) with 3
> telephoneNumber attributes, say 101010, 202020 and 303030.
>
> I access this directory with 2 clients :
> the first client displays the data in the right fashion:
> cn: John Doe
> telephoneNumber:101010
> telephoneNumber:202020
> telephoneNumber:303030
>
> But the second client displays only one telephoneNumber attribute, so it
> displays:
> cn: John Doe
> telephoneNumber:101010

Welcome to the wonderful world of multi-valued attributes.

My advice: Don't use them if your clients does not support them nicely.

> Given the fact that I have no way to modify the client's source code, how
> could I do to display all 3 phone numbers ? An idea would be to use rwm with
> back-relay and do some server side string generation, in order for the second
> client to retrieve :
> cn: John Doe
> telephoneNumber:101010/202020/303030
>
> is there a way to do this ?

This is a very poor solution to the problem.

Ciao, Michael.