Re: Memory usage with bdb

--On Thursday, November 01, 2012 9:02 PM +0400 Roman Rybalko <openldap@romanr.name> wrote:

01.11.2012 20:24, Friedrich Locke ÐÐÑÐÑ:
Is anyone aware of any buggy in openldap+bdb related to memory usage?
Have anyone here using this type of backend ? Any problem to report?

It's leaking. I think. Needs regular restart.
slapd-2.4.23+libdb-4.8.30
slapd-git-a54957b+libdb-4.8.30

Again, you have provided no real useful information. I've used back-bdb/hbd for over a decade across openldap 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, and 2.4, with databases of significant size. No memory leak.

Of course, if you use glibc instead of a decent memory allocator like tcmalloc, you may see behavior where glibc leaks like a sieve.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.