Re: ldapsearch with -y option

Le 02/10/2012 08:40, Angel L. Mateo a écrit :
Hello,

     Maybe it's a silly question, but I'm going crazy and I don't found
the solution. I want to use the -y option in a ldapsearch command, so I
have write my password in a file (plain text file with the password in
plain text), then I run the

ldapsearch -y <mypasswordfile> <other options>

     and I get an invalid credential error. I have checked several times
that the password is correct. I have debuged the request with wireshark
and I have checked that the only difference in the bind request is that
-y option is adding a final 0x0a char to the password.

     Any idea?
0x0a being the LF character, I suspect you just have to ensure there is none in your file.

PS: if this could help, I'm using ubuntu 12.04 and I have created the
password file with vi (I have also tried creating it with gedit and with
echo "..." > <file>)
try 'echo -n "..." > <file>" instead.

--
BOFH excuse #140: