Re: TLS error on startup

--On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:20 PM -0700 Brian Empson <brian_empson@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm having an issue starting up slapd with TLS enabled. I tried to search
for the error code but I couldn't find any GnuTLS error codes that match.
Here are the log entries that appear:

Sep 25 21:07:05 dir0 slapd[15018]: main: TLS init def ctx failed: -1

95% of the time, this means slapd can't access the files you have specified. This could be blocked by things like AppArmor in addition to file/directory permissions. At a guess, your permissions on /etc/openldap/ssl are wrong, as it is missing "x".

I would suggest you try reading the various files "as" the _openldap user using sudo.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.