Re: Slaving from Mirror Mode

Dear Quanah,

On 05/09/12 13:52 -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Thursday, September 06, 2012 6:46 AM +1000 Nick Urbanik <nicku@nicku.org> wrote:
So while I cannot use delta-syncrepl *between* the two mirror-mode
masters, I *can* use delta-syncrepl on our eight consumers slaving
*from* the current active master through the load balancer?  Is that
correct?

No. OpenLDAP 2.4.32 has full delta-syncrepl MMR support. ;) So you can use delta-syncrepl everywhere. 18.3.4.1.2 is specifically talking about a replica replicating from only a single master, not from multiple masters (as in a load balance name). Basically what you are looking at is 18.3.4.1.1.

Now MMR is not mirror mode replication, but multi-master replication,
correct?

Now we're going to use a pair of mirror mode masters, and
there must be only syncrepl between them, not delta-synrepl between
them, correct?  Or do you mean that you can use delta-syncrepl between
the mirror mode masters as well?  I'm confused by your statement, "you
can use delta-syncrepl everywhere."

But it *is* possible to use delta-syncrepl from the current active
mirror master to all the non-master consumers, is that correct?

I really appreciate your generous patience!
--
Nick Urbanik http://nicku.org 808-71011 nick.urbanik@optusnet.com.au
GPG: 7FFA CDC7 5A77 0558 DC7A 790A 16DF EC5B BB9D 2C24  ID: BB9D2C24