Re: Slaving from Mirror Mode

--On Thursday, September 06, 2012 6:46 AM +1000 Nick Urbanik <nicku@nicku.org> wrote:

I was going to set up the masters so that writes would go through the
load balancer, but slaves read from both masters like the multi-master
example shown at
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html#N-Way%20Multi-Master
Thanks for that.

USE OF DELTA-SYNCREPL FROM MIRROR-MODE MASTER TO CONSUMERS

I have another question relating to section "18.3.4.1.2. Normal
Consumer Configuration" where there is this text:

   This is exactly the same as the Set up the consumer slapd
   section. It can either setup in normal syncrepl replication mode,
   or in delta-syncrepl replication mode.

So while I cannot use delta-syncrepl *between* the two mirror-mode
masters, I *can* use delta-syncrepl on our eight consumers slaving
*from* the current active master through the load balancer?  Is that
correct?

No. OpenLDAP 2.4.32 has full delta-syncrepl MMR support. ;) So you can use delta-syncrepl everywhere. 18.3.4.1.2 is specifically talking about a replica replicating from only a single master, not from multiple masters (as in a load balance name). Basically what you are looking at is 18.3.4.1.1.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.