Re: Execute a Filter and get the boolean status true/false

Hello,
Basically i need the count how many SearchResultEntry responses you get from
ldap_search_s().

Note : Pardon, i have mistakenly typed "ldap_search()" instead of "ldap_search_s()

"true/false for the particular filter" means following :
1.) If execute a filter , respond with >0 entry ---> true
2.) If execute a filter , respond with = 0 entry --> false.

Note : i have nothing to do with the attributes for the corresponding entries return for the search. So i am looking for a optimized way here which just let me know if any entry is available or not for particular filter.

Regards,
PKHUN

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 11:17 PM, Pierangelo Masarati <pierangelo.masarati@polimi.it> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am facing an issue to  get the result of a filter.
>
> Currently i have used the ldap_search () function to see whether AD has
> some entity corresponding to particular filter execution.
> But i am not able to find the function which returns  the number of entity
> for the particular filter execution.
> Please help me to get the correct function which return the number of
> entity for the particular filter execution and what pre-requesties it has.

You need to count how many SearchResultEntry responses you get from
ldap_search().  Or, if slapd is configured to use the "noopsrch" module,
which implements the "noopsrch" control
<http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1509.html>, you get no results but
a control response that indicates, among other things, how many entries
would be returned by that search.  I'm not sure what you mean by
"pre-requesties".

> If possible, please suggest function which just return true/false for the
> particular filter.

Please specify what "true/false for the particular filter" means.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
Associate Professor