Re: got into a "checksum error" situation

Yes, I edited it by hand.  Clearly not advisable since the comments said "don't do that", but since the server wouldn't start I couldn't use ldapmodify.

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 6:51 AM, Gavin Henry <ghenry@suretecsystems.com> wrote:
  Not knowing what else to do, I removed the lines containing
> "olcTLS" from /etc/ldap/slapd.d/cn=config.ldif.  Then I was able to restart
> slapd (congratulating myself) and then re-ran my ldapmodify command to enter
> the correct locations of the cert and key.  But I still get a checksum error
> in syslog:

> Aug  8 17:04:53 grackle slapd[2028]: slapd starting
> Aug  8 17:05:01 grackle slapd[2028]: ldif_read_file: checksum error on
> "/etc/ldap /slapd.d/cn=config.ldif"

So you edited this by hand?

> I haven't even tried to see if I have TLS working, but I have two
> questions:
> #1.  How should I have recovered from this (human) error?  What I did
> didn't seem to work out very well.
> and
> #2.  How do I un-screw my config and resolve the checksum problem?
> Thanks in advance for any assistance.
> --
>      Jeff Dickens
>      IT Manager      978-632-1513

Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
Managing Director.

T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887
E ghenry@suretecsystems.com

Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).

Suretec Systems is a limited company registered in Scotland. Registered
number: SC258005. Registered office: 24 Cormack Park, Rothienorman,
Aberdeenshire, AB51 8GL.

Subject to disclaimer at http://www.suretecgroup.com/disclaimer.html

Do you know we have our own VoIP provider called SureVoIP? See

Did you see our API news?

     Jeff Dickens
     IT Manager      978-632-1513