Re: Aw: Re: Special characters in distinguished name

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012, chris_news@arcor.de wrote:
> > > I've accidentally discovered that CPAN's Net::LDAP::Entry module doesn't
> > > support them (in the distinguished name). Other attributes are escaped
> > > correctly.
> >
> > What exactly leads you to this conclusion?
>
> I setup the DN with $entry->dn($dn); and generated with write_entry an
> LDIF-file. The DN wasn't base 64 encoded. I could encode it myself, but
> then the second colon is still missing. So I probably won't use this
> library.

Or, you could submit the one line fix to have
	Net::LDAP::LDIF->new($file, $mode, { encode => 'canonical' })

pass "{ mbcescape => 1 }" to canonical_dn().

(Some might also consider it a bug that Net::LDAP::LDIF doesn't default to
RFC conforming output but rather requires you to explicitly request it.)

Philip Guenther