[Date Prev][Date Next]
What will happen if there are two user with same uid in OpenLDAP server
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: What will happen if there are two user with same uid in OpenLDAP server
- From: Qian Zhang <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 16:43:25 +0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=+dRAlLEEicBsrHcWlgp0Eb99SsPTYjipo3jmO5aN+qg=; b=wZhV1GrBih07UvrIMdc4Rmv8Xzmh+aI6fNXUhNPzRRC1EX2AzK8aDKXCxpIi4haftp nzfcmSzEjRJsFFBc+z7ufn63F/Bm1JxRt0yzRanGjEZtMi3A0sGQGvnWVNe584Mcc7W5 /IKAjjiYNik8NT0pqmv0rjm3rsCsbf9z1YsArnk+nKmMvwvBL9KMzUlRF5ey8CuV5Cue WhI9ocXcLPHPPSil5pFFp9FOkIwb1WoNJAFEiQJIA30P7lLLX1wOSUAC80WXtQSFECG7 ZjakLOcJ+G2Ti2bYxhtsWu5oZB656ZnK6S5ayvUTa2pzBQYXUlt6wNQ22ZmiJV4At/cG Zvdw==
I have an OpenLDAP server setup, I am just wondering what will happen
when I do login if there are two user in different OU but with same
I guess PAM is in flat mode, so when I login with the uid, I can
always login as one of the two users, and have no chance to login as
the other, right?
If that is true, should I add a restriction that the uid of each user
must be unique in the whole OpenLDAP server?