What will happen if there are two user with same uid in OpenLDAP server

Hi,

I have an OpenLDAP server setup, I am just wondering what will happen
when I do login if there are two user in different OU but with same
uid.
I guess PAM is in flat mode, so when I login with the uid, I can
always login as one of the two users, and have no chance to login as
the other, right?

If that is true, should I add a restriction that the uid of each user
must be unique in the whole OpenLDAP server?

Thanks,
Qian