syncrepl and deleted entries

Hello list,

I'm having problems with deleted entries in a provider/consumer setup.
 Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

===PROVIDER===

Ubuntu 10.04.2 (lucid)
OpenLDAP 2.4.21-0ubuntu5.3 (installed from packages)

slapd.conf:

moduleload syncprov
overlay syncprov
syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
syncprov-sessionlog 100

===CONSUMER===

Ubuntu 12.04 (precise)
OpenLDAP 2.4.28-1.1ubuntu4 (installed from packages)

slapd.conf:

syncrepl rid=001
        provider=ldaps://provider.domain.org:636
        tls_reqcert=never
        searchbase="dc=domain,dc=org"
        filter="(objectClass=*)"
        bindmethod=simple
        binddn="cn=admin,dc=domain,dc=org"
        credentials=xxxxxx
        retry="60 +"
        type=refreshAndPersist
        scope=sub
        attrs="*,+"
        schemachecking=off
        interval=00:00:05:00

Everything works fine and added/modified entries from the provider are
immediately replicated to the consumer, but it doesn't work with
deleted entries - if I delete an entry from the provider it gets never
deleted from the consumer.

Debug log files could be found here: http://pastebin.com/AmXRAXHp

The first part is successful entry modification, and the last one is
unsuccessful deletion.  The only anomaly that I can spot is at the
line 131: "<= bdb_index_read: failed (-30987)", but then I don't
understand how adding/modifying works...

Many thanks!
Roman