Docs To Do list and other ideas. Please contribute

On 4 July 2012 22:34, xsun <matheus.morais@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I can help on documentation in my spare time. I tryed to submit a patch for
> ITS#6339 in the past but I don't know why it was not accepted and I did not
> received any feedback about it. There is some TODO list for documentation?

There is a TODO list which, I can't believe, I started in 2008 and
haven't made much progress:

OpenLDAP Test suite
        Go through Samba stuff again
    OpenLDAP contrib scripts for generating LDIF etc.
    OpenLDAP Admin Guide -
        Intro
            Tighten "LDAP vs RDBMS"
            Check "What is slapd and what can it do?"
            "Replicated Directory Service" - add MultiMaster picture.
        "Configuring slapd" - check DIT layout is right
        "The slapd Configuration File" - check backends are correct and in above
        "Access Control" - Finish "Converting from slapd.conf(5) to a
cn=config directory format"
        Backends section to finish
        Overlays section to finish
        Maintenance section to finish
        Monitoring section to finish
        Tuning section to finish
        More in Troubleshooting section
        More in Upgrading from 2.3.x section
        Check "Recommended OpenLDAP Software Dependency Versions" section
        Do some "Real World OpenLDAP Deployments and Examples"
        "OpenLDAP Software Contributions" to complete
        "Configuration File Examples" to complete

Some are done and I'd rather build a build farm RESTful API now so we
can have a central build farm. We did get a server from Google for
that with 32GB Ram but last I heard it was down. Kurt?

I'll check out your ITS and also we talked about a new wiki at some point?