Re: authentication problem

On 20/06/2012 09:55, Jan-Piet Mens wrote:
>> having is that 2 users doesn't get authenticated. When I do a getent
>> passwd for these users it is as if they doesn't exist but a "ldapsearch
>> -x"  shows them.
> Sounds as though an attribute type is missing from the users' entries;
> are they of objectClass `posixAccount' ? Maybe show us the LDIF of one
> of the "bad" entries?
>
>         -JP

The LDIF for these users looks exactly ass all the other users.
dn: uid=izak,ou=People,dc=flamengro,dc=com
uid: izak
cn: Izak Veldsman
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
objectClass: shadowAccount
userPassword: {crypt}Something
shadowLastChange: 15264
shadowMin: 0
shadowMax: 99999
shadowWarning: 7
loginShell: /bin/bash
uidNumber: 504
gidNumber: 100
homeDirectory: /home/izak
gecos: Izak Veldsman

dn: uid=bertus,ou=People,dc=flamengro,dc=com
uid: bertus
cn: Bertus Smit
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
objectClass: shadowAccount
userPassword: {crypt}Something
shadowLastChange: 15260
shadowMin: 0
shadowMax: 99999
shadowWarning: 7
loginShell: /bin/bash
uidNumber: 500
gidNumber: 100
homeDirectory: /home/bertus
gecos: Bertus Smit

What happens when I run "getent passwd" on the server .

getent passwd izak
izak:*:504:100:Izak Veldsman:/home/izak:/bin/bash
getent passwd bertus
bertus:*:500:100:Bertus Smit:/home/bertus:/bin/bash

On one client nothing for these specific users, the other users work fine.

begin:vcard
fn:Chris du Preez
n:du Preez;Chris
org:Flamengro