Re: Monitoring 2.3.43?

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 10:27:55 -0700, Chris Jacobs wrote:
That makes me wonder what his script is doing... Sounds like the
script is handling some part of the replication.

Nope, nothing fancy. 15-20 lines of bash code. I helped him write it :).
Just an ldapmodify with some error checking before and after in a loop.

I've since been tuning the syncrepl-* and retry options and can't
duplicate the issue. He's going to do another big batch update
tomorrow, and then I'll be monitoring more closely...

Cent6.2 has been out for quite a while, with OpenLDAP 2.4.23
binaries. Considered old and 'unsupported' by the OpenLDAP crew

Yeah, I mentioned that fact when we were planing the upgrades, but
I never pushed the issue (I'm leaving at the end of the month) because
no one have the knowledge/time to maintain a homebuilt package.
--
... but you know as soon as Oracle starts waving its wallet at a Company it's time to run - fast.