Re: syncrepl, version compatibility, partial sync

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 11:06:33AM -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Thursday, June 14, 2012 11:00 AM -0700 Ryan Lovett <relovett@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please keep replies on-list.  Thanks.

Sorry, gmail isn't my normal mail client.

> You may wish to read:
>
> <http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1456.html>
>
> written by one of the Debian OpenLDAP maintainers.

This is very sensible advice. Normally I prefer to rely on distribution
packages because they're fairly good about tracking security issues, but I
understand where you're coming from.

> I also suggest reading:
>
> <http://www.openldap.org/software/release/changes.html>
>
> Finally, when you go to build it yourself, I highly recommend
> linking to OpenSSL, rather than GnuTLS.

Alright, thanks again for your assistance.

Ryan