Re: slaptest conversion of acl regex'es drops backslashes (correct resubmission 2)

On 6/6/2012 2:19 ÎÎ, Howard Chu wrote:

Obscure? Are those ACL statements in slapd.conf or aren't they? Do backslashes in slapd.conf need to be escaped or don't they? It's not like it says "backslashes must escaped except on alternate Tuesdays."

Thanks for the humor. [ I guess I had success with non-escaped backslashes cos it was an alternate Tuesday yesterday :-) ]

It was obscure, because regex'es DO work with single backslashes...

So I will conclude that the use of single backslashes in slapd.conf in ACL regex'es is unsupported.

Thanks,
Nick