Re: size of bdb database, master vs replica

--On May 24, 2012 12:24:37 PM +0200 jehan procaccia <jehan.procaccia@it-sudparis.eu> wrote:
No.  It sounds like you don't have a checkpoint directive set for your
database.  You should fix that.

You are right, now that I added
checkpoint      200 240
in the slapd.conf, bdb files are bigger !

in fact my old repicas in 2.3 had that directive in global configuration
whereas apparently in 2.4 that directive must be in a database
definition, that's probably why I missed that one during the migration
process .

It had to be in a database definition in 2.3 too. But slapd(.conf) has always been kind in re-arranging things for the admin so they make sense.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc