Re: Concerns with OLC (cn=config) for editing schema, ACLs, and deleting entries

harry.jede@arcor.de wrote:
> Michael Ströder wrote:
>> harry.jede@arcor.de wrote:
>>>
>>> This is my intend.
>>
>> Now the question is: Where to make them more readable.
> Howard Chu at "25.03.2012 19:57"

That's exactly what I'm doing. But it's current practice in applications to
treat LFs as line break when displaying/entering the data.

>> It's entirely up to you whether you want to add LFs or not. There's
>> no GUI tool forcing you to do so. Not my web2ldap nor Apache
>> Directory Studio mentioned in this thread.
>
> btb at "20.03.2012 13:18" and later
> you at "22.03.2012 18:24" and later

You're misreading what was written there:

The messages above clearly mean that it's still up to the admin whether he
adds LFs to the ACL string or not. Whether the user adds LFs or not is not
mandated by any of the mentioned applications at all.

In opposite to that: Your proposal is to change what the admin enters by
stripping all LFs. Normalization might make sense but users have to agree on
the presentation form. The presentation form you propose might fit your needs
but does not necessarily please someone else.

All things done in a UI are compromises and as usual your mileage may vary.

Ciao, Michael.