Re: Fwd: Root cause: Strange OpenLdap performace issue

--On Sunday, May 20, 2012 2:13 PM +0200 Michele Mase' <michele.mase@gmail.com> wrote:

Tx for the suggestion! We plan to migrate where possible to rhel6, that
has included the 2.4.x openldap (and the possibility of hot adding ram
and cpu in VM env). We have already tested a multi-master conf. that
works fine.

Using the OpenLDAP included with RHEL6 is a terrible idea. If you want to use OpenLDAP as a server, then build it yourself, or use packages from any of the numerous other sites that will build it out for you, so that you can stay current. Distro packages are in general only for using the client libraries.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.