Re: Compiling on Windows, using VC or Windows SDK

Tom Schuetz wrote:
Has anyone successfully compiled openldap using Visual Studio, or
Windows SDK? If so, could you share your process with me, what you
used for a makefile (or vcproj), approach to dependencies, etc?

I have VC 2010 Express on a 64-bit Windows 7 box, and then I also have
Windows SDK 7.1.

I am comfortable with POSIX OSs and have MinGW installed, but for this
I would prefer not to use it to actually compile. Am open to using
MinGW to make a useable / translatable makefile, though.

MSYS is the only supported build environment. You can use the MS compiler via the CCLD wrapper script and the existing autoconf/Makefiles.

--
  -- Howard Chu